Ruger - Ardapple House
425 North 7th St.
Key :: 156-06100-0018
John B. Ruger built this home in the 1860's. He founded Ruger's Steam Bakery at 6th and Ferry Streets in 1849. His name still appears on that building. Originally an Italianate Syle, it was remodeled in the Queen Anne style about 1895.
Around 1914, the home was purchased by Joseph Ardapple who was in the dray business. Mr. Ardapple later converted it to appartments in the 1920's. Inside, are leaded glass windows, butternut woodwork and cedar lined closets. In 1920, the stable found in the rear of the house was converted to a residence. The home is a mixture of Italianate and Queen Anne styles. The previous owners, Ed and Nancy Wagoner commisioned this beautiful paint scheme.
The home is currently owned by Brent W. Parks.
Before 1897, the address was 54 N 7th.