Folckemer - Wagoner House
500 North 6th St.
Lot #73 in Bartholomew and Davis Addition
This Italianate style house was built by William Folckemer in 1879.
Mr. Folckemer was a prominent businessman owning furniture and cabinet
making enterprises and an undertaking business. The interior of the house
benefitted from Mr. Folckener's furniture making business as fine native
hardwoods were used throughout the house. William and his wife Catherine
owned the house until 1907. William served as president of Lafayette
Telephone Co. and vice president of the Lafayette
Loan & Trust Co. bank. His son Charles V. Folckemer owned the home from 1907 until 1919. Charles died on Aug. 3, 1919 and the Folckemer furniture and undertaking services (200-206 Main St) appear to have ended with his demise.
At the time Edward J. and Nancy J. Wagoner acquired the property in 1988, it was in a terrible state of disrepair.
The house was awarded a Wabash Valley Trust Plaque on March 24, 1991.