Studybaker - Biehn - Risk House
609 North 5th St.
This Greek Revival house has been adaptively reused as a Dental Clinic for William B. Risk, DDS. The house also has two apartments on the 2nd floor. Joseph Studybaker, who was a distiller, built the home in 1863. It was later owned by a blacksmith named Joseph Biehn who manufactured plows and wagons. During the Great Depression, the building was used as a neighborhood grocery store. William and Carol Risk have owned the building since 1991, and it has recieved a Wabash Valley Trust plaque.
The house is a typical vernacular residence of the Greek Revival period with its overall gable front form simulating a Greek temple. Typical Greek Revival details on this house include the cornice returns suggesting a pediment, the fanlight window in the attic, and the flat stone window lintels. The front entrance has rectangular sidelights and pilasters surrounding the door.
|156-05300-1478||BARTHOLOMEW & DAVIS LOT 59 EX 38 FT OFF S SIDE||RISK WILLAIM B CAROL J|
|156-05300-0510||BARTHOLOMEW & DAVIS ADDN 38 FT OFF ENTIRE S SIDE LOT 59||RISK WILLAIM B CAROL J|